ioidentical hormone replacement pellet therapy is an effective treatment being used by many older women and men.
WHAT ARE BIOIDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT PELLETS?
These pellets are tiny, rice-sized pellets positioned beneath the surface of the skin to perform the task of releasing a specific number of hormones over several days. Pellet therapy is the only recommended long-term testosterone or estrogen hormone replacement therapy considered to be impactful for many months.
Bioidentical hormones are designed chemically to be matching the natural body hormones. The pellet therapy is unique from synthetic hormones, which are largely employed in the oral and injectable treatment and come with undesirable side effects.
WHAT IS HORMONE PELLET THERAPY?
This therapy employs hormones taken out from natural plants to imitate the natural hormone levels in the body. Placing these tiny pellets just under the skin will cause a gradual release of controlled doses of hormones into the body, preserving the natural levels.
Pellets will remain for three to six months relying on weight, gender, metabolism levels and the hormone variations in the individual. Pellets are unique because:
- Hormones will be absorbed directly into the bloodstream without entering the liver and gastrointestinal system.
- There will be a constant flow of essential hormones.
- The body will naturally control the release of the inserted hormone.
- There will be no requirement of applying any extra gel or cream.
Insertion of the pellet is by a doctor starting with application of a local anesthetic. A tiny cut will be made in the upper hip area and the pellet — which is somewhat the size of a grain of rice — will be inserted. Stitches are not required.
Some individuals will see improvement in a month but the full effect may be gradually seen over six months.
Benefits may include:
- Control of emotions
- Improved sexual function, bone density and mental relaxation.
- Fading anxiety and depression
- Fewer headaches
- Enhanced concentration and memory
- Reduced urinary frequency issues, incontinence
- Enhanced muscle strength, bone density
- May ward off Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease