by Aymee Wilson, Owner & Founder, Wilson Aesthetics
Chemical peels remove damaged outer layers of skin on the face to smooth texture, reduce scarring and remove blemishes and pre-cancerous growths to produce healthy, glowing skin.
Peel formulas and strengths are tailored to each patient.
Chemical peels can be combined with other cosmetic services and products for a younger look, improved skin texture and reduction/elimination of fine lines and wrinkles.
Benefits of chemical peel:
- Treats acne — Chemical peels exfoliate deeper. They can help you cleanse your skin more thoroughly and help you reveal fresh, new and glowing skin.
- Eliminates fine lines and wrinkles — Peels are the best way to reduce those fine lines and wrinkles with ease.
- Minimizes pores — Chemical peels work best for people who have large pores. Removing your skin’s outer and damaged layer with a peel can help reduce pore size.
- Reduces discoloration — Chemical peels can help reduce sun damage, hyperpigmentation or any discoloration. Most patients notice a significant reduction of discoloration after a chemical peel.
- Reduces/removes acne scarring — If you have acne scarring, chemical peels can help reduce the scarring or in some cases permanently remove it.
Aftercare is most important after a chemical peel. Expect to peel and/or be flakey for two to seven days, depending on the chemical peel you received. Expect redness and purging (breakouts) for one to two weeks after the chemical peel.
It is also important to stay out of the sun as much as possible after receiving a chemical peel.
There are many different chemical peels to choose from so it is important to consult with a licensed aesthetician. The aesthetician will be able to make recommendations based on your skin concerns and needs.